Mariner Boy’s Basketball Playoff’s

Mariner Athlete dunking in playoff game against Skyline High School.

Miguel Hernandez (He,Him), Advertising Specialist

Throughout the 2021-2022 season, the Mariner boys basketball team has had a really good season. Winning 4a Wesco for the first time since 2003, with a current record of 15-9. Coming off an amazing 2020-2021 season where they went 10-0, they are looking to make the state championship this season since there was no state championship last season due to covid.

They entered the playoffs and played their first playoff game on 2/12/22 against Jackson High School’s boy’s basketball team. Mariner lost this very close game 62-57. Although they lost this playoff game they are still in the playoffs due to the 2 game elimination rule in the consolation bracket that is being used for the state tournament.

Mariner played against North Creek High School in the consolation bracket on 2/15/22. The game started off really well for the marauders as they got on the board really quickly. They then continued to lead the game from start to finish. There were some pretty spectacular moments during the game and some of our players even got their first dunks in that game.

They came up victorious in that game with a final score of 80-60.  They moved on to the next round of the consolation bracket and in an away game they played against Skyline Highschool on 2/17/22. After this game, the marauders came up victorious and entered State after this game. The game’s final score was 74-54 and the marauders went home happy as they need the night with another dominant win.

Their next playoff game was against another 4a team Jackson High School, a team that our Marauders know very well.  They played on 2/19/22 where the Marauders came up with a big win against Jackson with a score of 70-49.

Our Marauders lost their most recent neutral playoff game on 2/26/22 versus Union High School with a score of 56-46, in the state regionals. They are still in the playoffs and will play in the championship bracket against Olympia High School on Wednesday, March 2nd at the Tacoma Dome.