Cafeteria Food Struggles

Mariner High School cafeteria serving burgers with tater tots 
11/1/21

Damaris Castillo

Mariner High School cafeteria serving burgers with tater tots 11/1/21

Do you feel like the school cafeteria isn’t serving enough food? Do you dislike not being able to get a second lunch? Well, you’re not the only one many others at Mariner High School also feel this way. 

Recently, Mariner High School has completely banned kids from going back in line to get a second lunch. Students dislike this action because they don’t get full with just one lunch, seeing as the portions of food they are served are small. 

“I think that the school should serve bigger portions because we’re bigger kids and need more food.” Nayelee Tapia, a sophomore said. 

Many other students agree with her. 

Students also feel that instead of drinking milk during lunch they should drink juice, 

“It’s lunch hour, we don’t drink milk for lunch, and it doesn’t even go well with the food they serve,” Jenny Bedolla De-jesus, a freshman said. 

Many also agree with this. It’s a little weird that we’re drinking milk instead of juice. As Jenny said, it doesn’t go well with the food. 

Another matter is that the school doesn’t let you go back in line to get a second lunch. Students at the school hate this because of the portion size. Some kids might not even be able to eat lunch at home for financial reasons. It’s wrong, obviously, they know that kids are still hungry seeing as they banned people from going back to get a 2nd plate. But yet they still only let us get one meal.

“If I’m eating and I’m still hungry I need another plate. I do sports and I need more food.” Jared Contrearas, a sophomore stated.