MHS Key Club

Joanna Mianowany, Writer

The MHS Key Club kicks off December Activities at a local preschool on December 5, helping preschoolers with prepared craft kits (from the school director) make holiday crafts. Every year, the Mukilteo Department of Recreation puts on a tree lighting event at Rosehill Community Center, this year it is on December 7. Key Club members love working at this event because they get to work with local children as they visit booths, play games, and take holiday pictures.

DuringĀ  December 2-18, Key Club choose to buy gifts for a family of six, while the task is big, so is the club. We will need all of our Key club members to purchase gifts or donate money to help reach our goal to give this family a Happy Holiday.

Another December Key Club tradition is volunteering at Christmas House in Everett. Members help parents in need shop for gifts for their families, packaging the gifts, entering families’ information, and help organize shopping carts and items. To participate in a Christmas house, you must be at least 16 years old, so freshmen and sophomore members look forward to doing it in 2 or 3 years. Christmas house is one of the most heartwarming events of our year and is a very memorable activity to be involved in during the Christmas season.